Transmission Flush – Help prevent premature wear and damage to the transmission!
Why Get a Transmission Fluid Flush?
Like the other fluids in your car, automatic transmission fluid (ATF) suffers from heat, friction, and electrochemical degradation. Your transmission’s vital parts can clog with sludge and develop varnish deposits. Most of the fluid doesn’t drain into the transmission pan; it collects in the torque converter, valve body and transmission cooler lines. This makes a complete fluid drain impossible. The average transmission fluid change service only replaces 25% of the contaminated fluid, leaving behind 75% of the older, contaminated fluid to mix with the new ATF.
Unfortunately, mixing new and contaminated fluids can cause sludge and varnish deposits to further clog filters and restrict the flow of transmission fluid. You could experience a serious malfunction, or even complete transmission failure as a result. The key to a good flush is to install a cleaner first that will clean all the components in the transmission, and put all the dirt and varnish in suspension within the old fluid. Only then should the flush be performed with new fluid, and only then should conditioners be installed.
Transmission Fluid Flush At Gili’s Automotive
The transmission fluid flush service is an important step in the prevention of major transmission repair or replacement work. The flush service cleans and protects your transmission with fresh ATF and conditioners that “turbo charge” your ATF and revitalize seals and 0-rings. This service also removes metals that slowly deteriorate your transmission system’s internal components.
At Gili’s Automotive in Rockville, MD we have been performing transmission flushes for our customers for over a decade. Call us at (301) 770-1201 and schedule an appointment today!