The Code of ethics followed by Gili's Automotive Repair in Rockville, MD (ASE Certified)
ASE-Certified Technician's Code of Ethics
- I will strive to produce nothing but first-class workmanship.
- I will take advantage of every opportunity to increase my knowledge/skills concerning the work I am doing. I will dedicate myself to lifelong learning.
- I will use only those materials that are proven to be safe and recommended by the manufacturer.
- I will recommend to an owner only that work on the vehicle which I believe to be necessary.
- I will treat an owner's vehicle as I would my own.
- I will attempt to correct any honest mistake made by another technician, without damaging the reputation of that person or their business.
- I will conduct myself so as to maintain and increase the public respect for all ASE-certified technicians.
- I will practice Service Integrity, which means that to the best of my ability I will always work for the best interest of the owner, my employer and myself.
What to Expect When You Bring Your Car In for Service
Gili's Automotive will:
- Discuss your service needs and questions when you bring your car in, and will prepare a cost estimate for you for approval prior to beginning service.
- Help you obtain towing and/or rental car services if necessary.
- Communicate with you while your car is being serviced to keep you informed of progress, modifications, and completion.
- Perform an internal inspection and road testing after completing service on your car, when necessary and appropriate.
- Periodically inform you via email, MyCar , and/or written correspondence of when standard scheduled maintenance items should be performed on your car.