About Gili's Automotive Repair in Rockville, MD (ASE Certified)
When I look back at the journey that led me to found Gili's Automotive, I am still amazed. At the age of eleven years old, I started "tinkering" with motorcycles and two stroke engines in my spare time. At 17, I acquired my first Vespa, and I quickly became known as my neighborhood's motorcycle repair expert. There was no turning back. The fascination of how a motor works became my lifelong passion.
I was given the opportunity to work in a gas station as a mechanic's helper when I first arrived from Israel in 1993. Education has always been very important to me, so after working during the day at the station, I trained at night over the course of six years to achieve a variety of automotive certifications. My investment in education paid off, and I excelled quickly. Within two years, I became a Certified Master Technician. I also studied for and received a Maryland State Inspection License.
My career took me to four auto repair shops where, over the years, I gained a great deal of expertise working on every car imaginable... all makes and models, from Chevrolets to Mercedes Benses. As the Lead Technician, I also learned what it takes to run a successful shop. My vision for owning my own shop began to develop.
- We invest in our technicians' education so that they can stay up-to-date with the latest technology.
- Our technicians care about the quality of their work.
- We subscribe to global automotive information networks, because the more information we have, the better we can service your car.
- We recognize that our customers' greatest need is for safe, reliable transportation ... so we go beyond the individual car and provide solutions to get our customers where they need to go.
- Most importantly, we listen to our customers carefully, because they know their cars best.
I feel very fortunate to do what I love and to experience the instant satisfaction of fixing each car the right way. My goal is for every Gili's customer to get the sense that their car feels better and performs better after their visit, with all repairs done right the first time. May our promise to provide friendly, honest service that protects the reliability, performance, and safety of your car inspire you to visit Gili's, and to stay with us for many years to come.